er... Red Bull that is.
I've said it once and I'll say it again. New York is the true definition of exhaustion. And after only 6 weeks of living the unbelievably fast Manhattan pace of life, I have to admit that some days I've struggled to catch my breath. Even on days that I do feel like I've completely caught up to myself, my mind begins racing so quickly, absorbing every ounce of my concentrated surroundings, that not even lunch-hour yoga classes can fully clear my head or attempt to maintain my sane and focused mentality!
The Thanksgiving/Columbus Day long weekend could not have come at a better time. Though it was a tempting opportunity for me to catch up on some much-needed sleep, I instead made a quick trip up to Toronto to spend some quality time with my family. Having not seen my sister or parents for a couple of months, I felt like I was coming home from college for the first time, desperately anxious for a re-charger hug from a loved one, as a means of re-energizing myself to deal with and survive the at-times suffocating vibe of The Big Apple.
Rest and relaxation will just have to wait until Christmas... so can the turkey. Our weekend was jam-packed checking out all the touristy sights that the great city of Toronto has to offer. As our personal tourguide, Jess with itinerary in hand (I taught her well!), took us galavanting through her new home city. We visited the historic Distillery District, window shopped on Queen Street, strolled through Cabbagetown, and lingered along the harbourfront. It was a rather busy weekend exploring what can be called Canada's version of New York and it couldn't have been with better company. We were all smiles, thankful for having the opportunity to be together on a special holiday... I hope. Or else we were all just really happy to still be wearing our summer clothes! Something completely unheard of back in Alberta for this time of year!
I'm back in New York now, feeling renewed and refreshed to get through the next couple of months before I return home for the holidays... wherever home is these days. No surprise here though that a few ounces of the ever-present sensation of sluggishness still exists. Good thing I picked up a Red Bull on my way home from the airport... it can be a real life-saver sometimes.
I'm back in New York now, feeling renewed and refreshed to get through the next couple of months before I return home for the holidays... wherever home is these days. No surprise here though that a few ounces of the ever-present sensation of sluggishness still exists. Good thing I picked up a Red Bull on my way home from the airport... it can be a real life-saver sometimes.
Beautiful lush greenery with a distant view of downtown and the CN tower
How sweet would it be to live in one of those condos!
The Royal Ontario Museum Striking flowers in St. James Park
The shops and galleries of The Distillery Historic District
Woodbine Beach The perfect fall day in Toronto
Making leaf angels!
A sailboat breezes by the Fire Rescue boat Sister's reunite!

No comments:
Post a Comment