A Turtlehog Party!

February 3, 2008

Though I never did hear whether Punxsutawney Phil, Wiarton Willie or New York City's own Pothole Pete (though also a very suiting name for Edmonton's own groundhog) ended up seeing their shadow yesterday, I'm crossing my fingers they didn't... particularly for all you Albertans out there who are bravely toughing out the deep freeze these days. While the odds are not likely in our favor for an early spring, the odds that Groundhog Day would be a day to celebrate not one, but two birthdays for a couple of cute turtles is slim to none... or so I thought!

Seriously, what are the chances, that in a city this big, I would not only meet someone, but also work with someone, who shares the same oddly recognized day as a birthday! I couldn't help but chuckle at this random coincidence when my Turtle Bay co-worker Julie and I discovered this little known fact. So despite my longstanding dread in joining the quarter-century club, I was actually excited for the day to arrive knowing I'd be able to celebrate it with my fabulous fellow turtlehog!

Along with some fantastic company, we celebrated our special day in Little Italy, where we feasted on some of the most amazing pasta I have ever eaten(!), sipped some superb wine, nibbled on some tasty tiramisu and were even treated to a birthday song by a 'polka band' who got the entire restaurant to sing to us! What a great night. I couldn't have asked for a better way to entertain the start of my 'halfway-to-30' age in the Big Apple. ACK! Forget about that last part... turning 25 felt pretty good until that scary thought crossed my mind.


Two Turtles who share a special birthday!

No comments: