August 29, 2007
In the biggest metropolis of the United States, there are constantly people EVERYWHERE! It's nearly impossible to keep a steady pace to your walk as you juggle your feet through throngs of people... business execs on their crackberry's, meandering tourists (I think I still fall under this category), and soulful musicians strumming out a beat on the street. It's no wonder a city like this literally has a country-like atmosphere to provide a stark contrast to the monotonous sight of concrete skyscrapers and multi-story highrises. Central Park is New York's year-round backyard. A place to relax from the urban sprawl, to enjoy a brief respite from the stresses of daily city life, no matter the time of year.
Today I found myself just needing an hour or two to just sit, relax, read, people-watch, and take in the serene and peaceful beauty of the park. Hills, lakes, trees, flowers and lush greenery really do do wonders to refresh the mind, especially after a hectic day, or I suppose in my case, a hectic but indeed memorable summer. Looks like it's possible afterall to take a New York minute to yourself...
In the biggest metropolis of the United States, there are constantly people EVERYWHERE! It's nearly impossible to keep a steady pace to your walk as you juggle your feet through throngs of people... business execs on their crackberry's, meandering tourists (I think I still fall under this category), and soulful musicians strumming out a beat on the street. It's no wonder a city like this literally has a country-like atmosphere to provide a stark contrast to the monotonous sight of concrete skyscrapers and multi-story highrises. Central Park is New York's year-round backyard. A place to relax from the urban sprawl, to enjoy a brief respite from the stresses of daily city life, no matter the time of year.
Today I found myself just needing an hour or two to just sit, relax, read, people-watch, and take in the serene and peaceful beauty of the park. Hills, lakes, trees, flowers and lush greenery really do do wonders to refresh the mind, especially after a hectic day, or I suppose in my case, a hectic but indeed memorable summer. Looks like it's possible afterall to take a New York minute to yourself...
The Mall, Central Park's only formal promenade

2 comments:
Pam...New York looks AMAZING! Wow, really, I love the pics. And I check your blog all the time on my Bloglines site lol :-) Keep writing!
Hope you are doing well. I'm very excited about your blog...make sure you update regularly!
Post a Comment